Development Intern 2020
Duration: Monday, October 26th – Friday, December 18th, 2020 (8 weeks)
Location: Virtual, no travel required. A cell phone and laptop will be needed to phonebank and join meetings.
Compensation: $15/hour, 10 hours a week. This is a temporary, part-time position.
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, October 8th by 6 pm
Join the Next Up team for an 8-week paid internship to help us reach our fundraising goals and learn some fundraising skills. In this position you will help promote and manage our Give! Guide campaign (an 8-week digital fundraising campaign through Willamette Week), thanking donors, helping put together an end-of-year bulk mailing, researching prospective and current donors, and doing data entry.
- Data entry and management: upload and update donor information as new donors come in from Give! Guide
- Make thank-you calls and write handwritten thank-you notes to donors every week
- Help prepare our end-of-year bulk thank-you mailing to all of our most committed donors
- Support and follow up with our social media champions promoting us during Give! Guide
- Help plan and participate in end-of-year calls and texts to ask past donors to give to Give! Guide, will phone banks in December
- Participate in onboarding and fundraising skill-building time during your first week
- Availability during weekdays, 10 hours per week (based on a schedule that works for you); evening availability during the week of December 14th
- Desire to raise money to support youth building power
- Passion for social justice
- Willingness to learn about nonprofit fundraising with an equity lens
- Strong sense of time management, and follow through on projects to meet goals
- Reliable and effective communicator, across differences
Black, Indigenous, people of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are strongly encouraged to apply.