Become a Precinct Committee Person (PCP)

PCPs play a large grassroots role in the political parties here in Oregon. Running for PCP is an important opportunity to be a voice for your communities and on issues in the party of your choice. The Bottom Line: our work and communities need you to serve!

What is a PCP?
Becoming a PCP is a direct route to influencing your county, state and national political parties. It’s also the grassroots position within the governing body of the party. PCPs serve a two-year term from time of election in even numbered years. They get a voice and a vote in party processes and have the power to fill vacant state legislative seats. However, being a PCP is not a full time job. This is a volunteer position that shouldn’t affect your ability to attend to your commitments in work and life. There are thousands of these positions available across the state — if you’ve been looking for a way to make an impact and get involved in politics this is the opportunity for you to become an important part of the Party infrastructure.

Key Duties of a PCP include
• PCPs represent their precincts (neighborhoods of 250 registered voters) in votes of
their local County Parties.
• Help set priorities for county and state party
• Have a voice and vote in filling vacant legislative seats
• PCPs are elected in the off-year election on May 19th. You must fill out a simple SEL
105 form with your local elections office to run.

Filing Opens: September 30th, 2019 (Filing is open!)
Filing Deadline: March 10th, 2020
Election: May 19th, 2020

Voter Registration: You must be registered to vote in the county where you are applying to serve and return your filing form to your local county elections office. You must also be a registered member of your party in your precinct for a minimum of 180 days prior
to your filing date in order to become a PCP for your party.

How to file to run
1. Download an SEL 105 Form here
2. Check your voter registration status here and ensure you are either a registered
Democrat or Republican (only major political parties have PCPs)
3. Complete the SEL 105 form
4. Mail in your SEL 105 form or file it in-person at your County Elections Office before
March 10th
Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass along to your networks and share with
anyone you think should run for these positions!