In 2021, with our community’s support, we invested in youth leadership and built youth political power!
Our work included:
- running four cohorts for young people ages 13 – 35 to learn organizing skills and how to fight for social justice
- hosting 23 educational events that bolster political education and civic engagement for critical opportunities such as statewide policy work, redistricting and the Portland Charter Review Process
- connecting young people with local leadership opportunities, including joining the Next Up board and Multnomah Charter Review Process
- hiring young people as paid organizers leading youth voter outreach during school board elections
- finding the next Executive Director of Next Up – in 2021 we welcomed Elona J. Wilson as our new Executive Director!
To learn more about what we accomplished together in 2021, read our 2021 End of Year Report here.